Monday 29 July 2013

"Join the queue" : A nice short story

A man was leaving a cafe with his morning coffee when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession.
A funeral coffin was followed by a second one about 50 feet behind the first.  Behind the second coffin was a solitary man walking with a black dog. 

Behind him was a queue of 200 men walking in single line. The man couldn't stand his curiosity. 

He approached the man walking with the dog,  "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time  to disturb you,  but I've never seen a funeral like this with so many of  you walking in single line.  

Whose funeral is it? " 
The man replied,  "Well,  that first coffin is for my wife. " 
What happened to her? " ! 
The man replied,  "My dog attacked and killed her. " 
He inquired further,  "Well,  who is in the second coffin? " 
The man answered,  "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog attacked and killed  her also. " 

A thoughtful moment of silence passes between the two men. Then the first one asks in excitement "Can I borrow the dog? " 

The man replied "Join the queue." 


No comments:

Post a Comment